Barry, I would just wonder if perhaps you're suffering the "death of a thousand
cuts",
where it's not that you have any (or many) long-running (or even moderately
long-running queries), but instead maybe lots (and lots) of small-running
requests.
Just something to consider.

And as for using FR, I would recommend that you do NOT limit what is logged
(and be
aware that there is a separate setting on the JDBC settings page for first what
is
shown in the interface, and what is logged). And of course it's critical that
you wrap
*all* datasources being used-not just those that you think "might be a
problem", as
there could be requests coming in (again, perhaps from bots) going against a DB
(and
app) you think is otherwise insignificant. Finally, you should be sure to wrap
(with
FR) especially any DSN set to be a client variable datasource. Again, I find
this is
often a huge resource-suck, with ever page request generating multiple i/o's to
the
cglobal table.

/charlie