You may want to look at the coldfusion-out.log (in \coldfusion9\runtime\logs
or jrun4\logs) to see if there's any more detail in there about the problem.

/charlie

From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaussie@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Scott Thornton
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 8:37 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Unable to read WSDL from URL

Hi,

I am working with webservices for the first time, and my knowledge is very
rudimentary.

Scenario:

I need to implement NT Authentication on my intranet app. My CF6.1 server
can't process the  cfntauthenticate tag.

I also have a CF9 9,0,1,274733 server that I can use to process a webservice
to provide authentication.

So, working locally at present on CF9.

My NTLoginService.cfc looks like :

<cfcomponent displayname="NT Login Service" hint="Provides NT Domain
Authentication" output="false">

                <cffunction

                                access="remote"

                                name="loginUserNT"

                                output="no"

                                returntype="struct"

                                displayname="Authenticates A User Against A
Windows Domain"

                                hint="Authenticates a user against a
Microsoft Windows Domain" >

                                <cfargument name="NTusername" type="string"
required="yes" displayname="username">

                                <cfargument name="NTpassword" type="string"
required="yes" displayname="password">

                                <cfargument name="NTdomain"   type="string"
required="yes" displayname="domain">

                                <cfntauthenticate
username="#Arguments.NTusername#"

password="#arguments.NTpassword#"

domain="#arguments.NTdomain#"

                                                result="authUser"

                                                listgroups="false"

                                                throwonerror="false">

                                <cfreturn authUser>

                </cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

I hope to return the result of the cfntauthenticate call.

I can browse the cfc via URL  http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc and
see the methods\parameters okay.

But if I browse to http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc?wsdl

I receive the error:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error attempting to create Java skeleton for CFC web service.;
nested exception is:

                    coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:
[java.lang.NullPointerException : null]

AxisFault

faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException

faultSubcode:

 faultString: Error attempting to create Java skeleton for CFC web service.;
nested exception is:

                    coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:
[java.lang.NullPointerException : null]

faultActor:

 faultNode:

 faultDetail:

                    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:WSHBILL032

If I try to invoke the webservice with :

                <cfinvoke

webservice="http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc?wsdl";

                                method="loginUserNT"

                                returnvariable="authentication"

                                refreshWSDL="yes">

                                <cfinvokeargument name="NTusername"
value="#form.username#"/>

                                <cfinvokeargument name="NTpassword"
value="#form.password#"/>

                                <cfinvokeargument name="NTdomain"
value="#form.domain#"/>

                </cfinvoke>

I receive the error:

Unable to read WSDL from URL:
http://localhost/login/NTLoginService.cfc?wsdl.

Error: 500 Internal Server Error.

http://localhost/login/ is a IIS virtual directory that points to
c:\websites\login\

I have restarted the local CF server multiple times.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have missed something simple.

Would any one have any ideas on what to do next? Googling hasn't been very
informative.

Thanks for any assistance.