Doh, I have to “call BS” on myself. :-( When I said below I had run the
wsconfig tool to update the connector, and it had worked. I spoke too soon
(before sending off the email, as I was right up against another call).

Curiously, while I was indeed able to REMOVE the existing connector (with the
CF11 wsconfig tool, running as Admin, on Windows 10), and I was able to start
the process of adding the connector back (still running as Admin), I should
have waited just another moment before sending the email.

Like others, I’m sure, I got a popup from it saying that while it supported IIS
4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, it did not support 10. So the tool is checking the IIS
version and deciding whether to proceed.

And that would then be why Adobe offered the blog entry (which Peter had
pointed to) showing how to do it manually. And of course, one can do it
manually, pretty easily. So to be clear, again, one CAN run CF11 (and I assume
CF10) on Windows 10, and the IIS connector will work, as long as you don’t have
to update it (remove/re-add it), as may be required in later CF updates. If you
do need to update the connector, then you have to use the manual steps.

Now, this may seem to have gotten off-track from what Mike had originally
raised: getting CF9 to run on Windows 10. The first challenge is getting the CF
installer itself to work on Windows 10 (possible, but not trivial), then the
second is getting the connector tool to work on it (not likely). You will
likely find, Mike, that you’d get5 the same error I did, above. And while you
can’t follow the exact steps Adobe offere3d in the blog post to get the
connector working manually, you should be able to use it as a template, if
you’re familiar with how the CF9 (and earlier) wsconfig tool edited IIS. Again,
pretty easy to do. Someone ought to do a blog post about it at some point. ;-}

I’m working on more details for getting the CF9 installer to work on Windows
10. In the meantime, there’s a hack way that was also needed for CF9 to run
even on Windows 8. I’ll share that in a  follow-up note coming next.

/charlie