RA Jones wrote:

> Is it possible to implement AJAX without learning javascript? Are there
> any resources I could use to get going with CGI::Application? Finally
> has the CAP::Ajax project has been abandoned?

AJAX commonly stands for Asynchronous Javascript and XML. "Asynchronous" isn't
always true since you're usually responding synchronously to user actions. "XML"
isn't really a part of it (unless you want it to be) since JSON (and sometimes
XHTML) are the preferred methods of data transport. So that leaves you with
Javascript (there are ways to not use JS, but they involve using Flash and
ActionScript).

IMO, saying you want to learn AJAX without learning JS is like saying you want
to learn web programming without learning HTML and HTTP. Sure there are probably
frameworks out there that will hide those details from you, but sooner or later
you're gonna have to get your hands dirty, or suffer the consequences :)

--
Michael Peters
Developer