Jay Varner writes:
 > Hello, I'm not sure why I can't wrap my head around this and get it to
 > work but I'm trying to have a runmode use sendmail to email results
 > from a form.
 >
 > Basically, say someone signs up for something via a web form. I want
 > the info entered to both go to the database and send out a
 > confirmation email. Seems like a very basic function but I have had no
 > luck searching for sending email via a runmode (or at least a function
 > kicked off by a runmode), and none of my half backed tries didn't work
 > out at all.
 >
 > I did look at CGI::Application::Mailform but I'm looking for something
 > that is integrated with the rest of my app.
 >
 > Thoughts?

What is it that you don't like about CGI::Application::Mailform.

Have you looked at MIME::Lite or Net::SMTP, which make it pretty darn
easy to send a message?  If they're not what you need, tell us why and
maybe someone can make a better suggestion.

I've used MIME::Lite happily in the past.  No matter what package you
use you'll want to do a good job vetting the information that's
submitted before you use it to send mail, lest you end up an unwitting
spam relay.

g.