* Mark Fuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-09-12T22:54:33]
> > * George Hartzell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-09-10T18:38:13]
> > Maybe some notes in the MIME::Lite docs about its shortcomings, or
> > requests for help fixing them, are in order?
>
> I agree. I feel blindsided to learn I shouldn't be using MIME:Lite
> (after dozens of uses over the years) in the way I just did. I
> appreciate the time maintainers give. But, this doesn't seem like the
> best way to communicate "don't use it." The same remark could be
> placed in the POD with very little effort.

I only just became the maintainer after years of watching it be neglected.  I
maintain quite a lot of the email code on the CPAN, and I get a nightly report
of all the bugs in email code on the CPAN -- at least all the easy to recognize
dists.  MIME::Lite was long responsible for about 30% of all email module bugs
on the CPAN, so I have finally taken it over and started to cut that down, so I
can see fewer bugs show up in the list.

I'll update its documentation with this sort of thing in the next few releases.
Right now, I'm just trying to get the huge queue of patches and reports sorted
through.

--
rjbs