On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM, greg heil <ghei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Our current system for funding is broken though. Witness Mexicos inability to
>>get ANY new products (go ahead, name one) out, despite being the 10th largest
>>economy in the world, supremely educated, and right adjacent to the biggest
>>consuming economy in the world.

Yes.

There are several issues here, which I am aware of.

One has to do with nutrition for children. Healthy brain development
needs good food.

One has to with economic theory. For example, our current theories
place a significant emphasis on "velocity" and our electronic trading
systems give us a lot of velocity in the exchange of currency but do
not do a thing for the associated thinking and human interactions.
(There's also a problem in that the exchanged packets are not
encrypted and to be competitive people must write programs to make
decisions on the exchanged offers before the packet has been fully
transmitted.) Anyways a consequence is that our money supply gets
disconnected from the efforts which would have made it valuable.

 Fortunately there's a relatively simple solution to that problem
(though one that requires a lot of work). Basically: solve the
childhood nutrition problem (and back it up with internet
connectivity, for people that are interested in that).

And there are other issues also. One, for example, that I think is
really important (but which I am not comfortable explaining my
reasoning on) has to with indoor plumbing and disease propagation.

Thanks,

--
Raul