Long names, though help self document, make reading difficult. This is not
a problem unique to programming. News articles and technical papers use
acronyms to simplify. First they list out the full name then put an acronym
in parentheses after it. Then use the acronym in the rest of the article.
Like this - "National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)" or
"Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)". After a time some common acronyms
are used so much that everyone recognizes the acronym and it is no longer
even necessary to give the full name. Just use the acronym.

A similar thing could be done for large programs. At the top comment the
acronym to be used in the program and its full name. For me, after a while,
I recognize the acronym immediately and I don't have to use or type long
names.