> Centralization.  While it's not so bad if a better machine does a
> little more work, it get's bad when that same machine is getting
> requests from half the network.

Wouldn't that be more a problem of routing requests than saying it is
horrible if you want your node to have more data? I can see why
centralization is bad but to be realistic there are just certain places
that put out or take in a lot more information than others. Freedom
shouldn't mean forced equality I guess. Couldn't the protocol just notice
if there was centralization going on and assuming you had enough nodes in
the network as a whole rebalance things somewhat?