In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Conrad J. Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:31:21 +0000, Roger Hayter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Todd Walton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:30:33 -0600, Conrad J. Sabatier
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Please excuse the crossposting, but I felt this was important enough
>to make sure it was seen by those who may not be subscribed to this
>or that list.
>
>Right.  But the No-No about crossposting is that there are likely to
>be others who would not agree that it's important enough to
>cross-post.

Then it's hard to be off-topic in chat, isn't it?  For instance, I
might  remark that probably not many stable nodes will be upgraded
unless some  one builds a snapshot and increments the build number.

Well, the dual-network capability is not enabled by default in the source code, and has never been enabled in precompiled packages, so anyone wanting to use it would still have to get the sources, uncomment the two relevant lines in Version.java, and build a new freenet.jar for themselves.

In other words, it's still pretty much of an "elite" feature, and will
most likely remain so.

Maybe I misunderstood you: I thought you were hoping for many stable nodes (rather than dual-network nodes themselves) to be updated. All I was saying was that not many are likely to be updated unless you have a new build number and new snapshots available for said stable nodes.
--
Roger Hayter