HI. :)  We are learning about all kinds of things at school, and yesterday
we went over Modems. :)  Very interesting stuff.  I know now why I have so
much difficulty with my K56Flex modem.  KFlex, X2, and V90 are the three
different 56k standards out there, but, it is V90 that has become the final
industry standard for 56k speeds on the phone systems of the western world.
Because modems of these three standards cannot talk to modems of different
standards AND achieve thier highest speeds, I have had major trouble getting
my Kflex modem to talk well to V90 server modems.  I don't see any X2s
anymore though.

Anyway, I went through my modem settings and dialup settings and changed
them to try to better the chances of a good, high-speed connection.  I also
noticed, by going through my modem manual, that my modem settings
ATM2+MS=12,1,300,34000,0,0,33600, weren't really correct.  I found out that,
at least on my modem, the "12" after the +MS= does not exist, and that the
modulation setting I'm supposed to use for my modem is 56, not 12.  I also
found out that the "300" is the default, but who the heck would want to
connect at 300bps?!!  So, I'm gonna change that up to at LEAST 32000bps.  I
also found out that 34000 is NOT the maximum speed of my modem, so I'm
changing that up to 56000bps.  As for those two 0s, I have no idea what to
do with those, so I'm gonna either leave them alone, or not include them.
And the "36000" is weird becuase nothing about that entry is mentioned in
the modem manual.  So I'm gonna delete that.  So my final revision to the
command would be ATM2+MS=56,1,32000,56000.  And thats that folks. :)

Krepta.