>You're the one with the reference in front of you, so it's kind of cheeky
>for me to ask, but don't most k56 and many x2 modems *also* speak v.90?
>In fact, I didn't know of any k56 modems that didn't also speak v.90 as
>soon as it was out.  Thus, even a k56 and an x2 could talk [speedily]
>together by using v.90 between them.

Well, I don't think so.  The instructor said that X2 and Kflex don't support
each other or V90, both because they are different standards and because
they are older than V90.  I don't think V90 will support Kflex and X2, but
maybe it does.

All I know is the best connection I've ever gotten on my KFlex modem is
34667bps.  It should be able to do better, but it hasn't so far.