Ok, the Debian packages for Cherokee 0.6.x are almost-almost-almost
ready, yay! You can verify so at:

http://people.debian.org/~gwolf/cherokee/ 

I'm still missing some problems regarding the migration from 0.5 to
0.6 - Some of them are left for myself, but with some others, I hope I
can get your help.

To upload the packages, I need help only with an issue that me, as a
person blinded by Python code, cannot solve: I need to ensure people
can migrate _at_least_ the standard configuration - And, of course, as
complex configurations as possible.

Now, the standard configuration shipped by Cherokee includes
/etc/cherokee/sites-available/default - Which contrib/05to06.py fails
to parse. I am a Python illiterate, so I know I'm not the best person
to look into this, and Álvaro is too busy writing new kewl features
for us. And I just cannot upload something to Debian that will break
what our users expect!

So, please, can anybody help find/fix why is 05to06 failing to run? If
it is at all useful to you, the first place it failed is at the
following declaration:

UserDir public_html {
    Directory / {
       Handler common
    }

    Directory /cgi-bin/ {
      Handler cgi
        DocumentRoot /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    }
}

But even deleting this, it it goes a couple of lines further, and then
it dies at:

Directory / {
    Handler common
}

And from there on... It seems to me it's not parsing the next line
that dies, but something related to the context. Even if I delete
every comment, I end up with a seemingly simple and valid file - Which
fails abruptly and unexplainably. Here it is, at least for your
collective amusement:

DirectoryIndex index.php, index.html, index.htm, index.shtml, 
cherokee.index.html
DocumentRoot /var/www
UserDir public_html {
    Directory / {
       Handler common
    }

    Directory /cgi-bin/ {
      Handler cgi
        DocumentRoot /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    }
}
Log combined {
    AccessLog /var/log/cherokee/default.access
    ErrorLog  /var/log/cherokee/default.error
}
Directory / {
    Handler common
}

Directory /about {
    Handler server_info {
        JustAbout
    }
}

Directory /icons {
    Handler file
    DocumentRoot /usr/share/cherokee/icons/
}

Directory /cgi-bin {
    Handler cgi
    DocumentRoot /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
}

Extension php, php3, php4 {
               Handler phpcgi
}

So... Please help with the parser. It is basically all that's still
missing to be able to upload 0.6 into Debian.

Oh! As a side note: 0.6 allows for the inclusion of configuration file
snippets. What would be more advisable in your point of view, keeping
the configuration as it currently is, spilled over several different
and manageable files, or merging it together into one Big file? I
bring the question mainly because I think it will make more sense that
way to cherokee-admin, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks a lot,

-- 
Gunnar Wolf - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23
Fingerprint: 0C79 D2D1 2C4E 9CE4 5973  F800 D80E F35A 8BB5 27AF

Attachment: pgp4Cv6E4zMYZ.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to