And to add to my previous e-mail's questions about the
headerfile directive, I found one bug under 0.4.29 (didn't use it
in earlier versions, so I cannot comment there).

        My CentOS mirror is at http://mirror.tamu.edu/centos/.  I
have defined this in my default site:
---
Directory /centos {
        Handler dirlist {
                   # Include file if present as page header
                   HeaderFile HEADER.html
        }
}
---

Unfortunately, if you take a look at the above URL, the header is
not displaying entirely correctly because the image references
are getting messed up:
---
http://mirror.tamu.edu/centos/HEADER.images/centos_icon_60.png/

I'm not sure why the trailing slash is being added, but it's
definitely related to the HeaderFile directive.  If I remove the
above Directory directive entirely and then just view the
HEADER.html directly at that point, the images display properly.

        Also, I was wondering if it might be possible to add an
additional option for the HeaderFile directive to adjust where it
displays in the output.  Putting it below the horizontal rule and
the default headers (name, date and size) seems like a rather
non-intuitive place for the header.  I would suggest having two
options (or two directives) placing the header either directly
above or below the "index of" line and then an option to make the
header a footer instead (or a new directive) to display either
above or below the server/version/port information at the bottom
of the page.  Just an idea...

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
832 Tanglewood Drive                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---begin random quote of the moment---
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of
Congress.  But I repeat myself."
 -- Mark Twain
----end random quote of the moment----