Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:
Eric S. Johansson wrote:

 > [..] Now I try to configure mailman and it's not working.  all of
 > the CGI programs are there, there are all set gID, owned by
 > root:list and should be working.
 >
 > on a related topic is there anyway for the error log to display what
 > part of the filesystem the URL is trying to reach?

  If the log info is not enough (it is a fixed format, we should add
  or remove information), you can try to use the new tracing
  facility, there is some info here: http://alobbs.com/news/1052

I just see black boxes.  .css is off for Windows Firefox

 > Again, it's probably something obvious I'm not sure what I'm missing.

  I have added a couple of lines.. it should work now (but I haven't
  tested it)

 > Server harvee.org {
 >         DocumentRoot  /var/www/html/harvee
        DirectoryIndex index.html

makes no diff as I have no .html

 >         Log combined {
 >             AccessLog /var/log/cherokee/harvee.access
 >             ErrorLog  /var/log/cherokee/harvee.error
 >         }
 >
 >         Directory / {
 >                 Handler cgi {
 >                   scriptalias /home/esj/akasha/ak404.py
 >                   ErrorHandler on
 >                 }

this cgi generates all the html.

 >         }
 >
 >         Directory /files {
 >                 Handler file
 >                 DocumentRoot /var/www/files/harvee/
 >         }
 >           ##
 >           ## Rest of the virtual host configuration..
 >           ## Add your parameters here..
 >           ##
 >         # mailman stuff
 >         Directory /mailman {
 >                 DocumentRoot /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
 >                 Handler cgi
 >         }

if the "Directory /" segment has been commented out, the mailman CGI run. If it hasn't, then the / CGI takes priority. is it something about script alias versus CGI handler?

 >         Directory  /pipermail {
 >                 DocumentRoot /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
               Handler common
 >         }
 > }

  Another option would be to add "listinfo" to the DirectoryIndex
  entry.

that I would need to add all of the mailman CGI entries to the directory index. I think?

  Good luck :-)

well, I could always go back to hooking off of the 404 handler which is not something I'm fond of doing.

---eric