Néstor Lafón-Gracia wrote:

> This is my first message to the list.

  Welcome Nestor ;-)

> I installed Cherokee on my Gentoo Linux some days ago, but I've not
> be able to config a site with php support.
>
> I created a new file in sites-aviable, mysite.com, with this content:
>
> Server mysite.com {
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mysite.com
>
>         Directory / {
>                 Handler common
>         }
>
>        Extension php {
>                Handler phpcgi{
>                        Interpreter /usr/bin/php-cgi
>                 }
>        }
> }

  The configuration looks fine..

> If I execute cherokee, it returns this:
>
> PHP interpreter not found (/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php4). Please install it.
> Error parsing configuration: 'syntax error', line 326, symbol 'Extension'
>
> If I comment the Extension block, it returns this:
>
> PHP interpreter not found (/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php4). Please install it.
> Cherokee Web Server 0.4.17: Listening on port 80, using epoll, 1024 fds limit
> 5 threads, 204 fds in each, standard scheduling policy, TLS disabled
>
> but it serves the .html files at least.

  Okay, here is the problem. You are running the version 0.4.17, which
  is pretty old and misses some of the features of the new versions.

  As far as I know, Gentoo currently includes an Ebuild for 0.4.29
  [1], so it might be a installation problem on your box.

   1.-  http://www.gentoo-portage.com/www-servers/cherokee

> PS: Why not any forum about Cherokee?

  We talked about it some days ago. The final decision was to try to
  keep the list in sync with whatever kind of forum we could use.

  May be this is the best choice:

    http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.cherokee.general

  you can even reply from the web interface. :-)

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com