Tom,

I used Coroless on the frame and then put the glossy polurethane over it.
There are directions for better paint adhesion, but I think I waited too
long.  A "ding" shows up pretty easily.  Will not really know untill I
drive it for a couple of years if it works.  I did "scuff it up" before
shooting color, but not sure that helped much.  The surface of Coroless is
like teflon. What they should do is develop a coating to go over Coroless
that makes for better advesion of color coats.

You are fortunate to get that many miles out of that engine.  Everything I
have read about 307's is that the metal is "soft" and wears fast.  I
changed oil and filter every 3000 miles without fail.  By 50,000 miles, the
rear two plugs were fouling all the time.

As for the sandbasted parts, I used the same gloss black polyurethane, but
one of the articles I read said to paint the springs a contrasting color of
black, like flat black.  It said they show better.

Also, I tried to find someone with the processes of treating bare metal
like zinc coating and anodizing, but it is prohibitively expensive.

Ron