No, I haven't touched the engine.. The previous owner had just had the
engine rebuilt before I got it... so I figured I'd wait until it died and
then I'd be forced to splurge on something I wanted in there... well the
stupid thing won't die :)  It's worse than the energizer bunny... and I get
unbelievably low emmisions every year when I have to run it through the
sniffer.

I could just go ahead and put a new engine in there, but I feel like I'm
waisting a good, working engine... so I just haven't yet.  The only thing I
did do was replace the Rochester 2 barrel carb with a Holley 2 barrel 500
cfm carb... and that really improved the performance.

As far as exhaust, I've had dual exhaust since I bought the car (too bad
they're 2" pipes), so I dunno how much that makes a difference.  I've been
wanting to do the exhaust too, but I wanna hold out until after the engine
so I can get the big 3" pipes :)

Rodney.
71 Chevelle
Phoenix, AZ