I took the body off the frame when i did my 70 so that I could weld the
floors and paint the frame easier.  I had both up on a rotisserie lift.
First the frame, then the body went up.  I have pictures of the body up on
the lift.  I am now working on  a 69 Chevelle that I have also separated the
body from the frame.  I only have it sitting on some 6 x 6 boards while still
resting on the frame so I can roll it around.  i will put it up on the lift
when my mom's Jaguar gets the rear reinstalled.
The only little thing that can be tricky is realigning the holes in which the
body mounts rest.  With a little mmuscle you can move the body to where it
should sit.  Word of advice, antisieze the body bolts, it will make it alot
easier if you ever decide to take them out again.  The other thing is if you
put new body mounts on, it is difficult to start the bolts, at least it was
for me.  It seemed the new bolts I bought could have/should have been 1/2"
longer.
On my 69 Chevelle, I had it up on an old alignment rack so i could get under
it.  This is where I first separated the body and frame.  I used a floor jack
to lift the body and placed 3   6 x 6 boards between the body and the frame.
I have pics of this too if you like.
If you plan on painting the frame like i did, I found that Eastwoods
Corroless top coated with Chassis black works out very nicely, however most
people prefer POR15.
I hope I'm helping out not scaring you :)  Actually, I'm trying to design a
web site for step by step restorations for a beginner to include tons of
pictures and detailed descriptions.  I just thought it would be nice to add
to the wealth of information out there from my own personal experiences.

Tom