Cliff,

I check the usual suppliers, SSB, MP Brakes, etc.  Baer units would bolt to
existing spindles so I didn't have to break ball joints loose.  Most "kits"
were in the $795 to $895 range and the Baer system was $985; a bit more but
they also offered the option of the polished caliper and the
drilled/slotted/zinc washed rotors.  Others may have as well, but didn't see
it anywhere or their site was too difficult to find it.  Also, the
proportioning valve was NOT included in the price, it was another $50 or so
but it's adjustable.  I got mine through a friend/dealer in Wichita Falls,
Tx and it all cost me $1200 (retail is $985 plus $140 (?) for zinc
washed/drilled/slotted rotors plus $120 (?) for polished calipers, and $50
for the prop valve) so I got a little bit of a break.

The 13" Track system was only $10 more than the 12" Sport system.  A
no-brainer there.  The 12" system would allow the fit of most (not all) 16"
wheels and there is no tried and true method except trial-and-error.  Since
I used 17" wheels, I'd have clearance even with the 13" brakes.

While it's true that replacement pads, rotors, and calipers may not be
off-the-shelf items, the pads should last a good, loooooooong time and Baer
has been around long enough that I feel confident other replacement or
rebuild parts will be available when the time comes.

Their URL is http://www.baer.com and have brochures and application guides
available in Adobe Reader (.PDF) format you can easily download.  I don't
know why they kits would not fit any dropped spindles but I'd give them a
call for any "custom" applications and get their recommendations.  They are
located in Phoenix and their phone is (602) 233-1411.  There is a "contact"
page at http://www.baer.com/contact.shtm you can fill in the info you have
and comments.  They were very good at getting back to me.

Installation was a simple bolt-on.  Removed front drums and hubs as one
assembly, bolted on new hub, adapter brackets for calipers, a simple R&R of
the master cylinder (included with kit), replaced old rubber brake lines
with supplied braided lines, bled MC and brakes.  I did plumb in the adj
prop valve on the inside of the frame and also added a Line Loc from Hurst
so there was a bit more plumbing than usual.  Everything they supplied fit
like a champ and not much more work than a normal brake job.

Dale