I know that in 1969, the Chevelle 300 post could be ordered with the SS
package which brought the 396.  Other trim was also optional.  I had a 69
300 Deluxe with the SS package but had rubber floor mats, bench seat, TH400
column shift, AM radio...very plain Jane inside.  I think the VIN and cowl
should match however.  The 13327 is a 6-cylinder VIN while the cowl tag is
V8.  If it has a 427 engine, it would probably be dealer installed.  It's
not uncommon for numbers to be mistyped on something like a title or
registration, but it would be rare that it would be stamped on the car
incorrectly.  Which number is used on the title?

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com