Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Thank you for the virus info. I caught it in time.

Once you have updated the Norton Virus program and cleaned your computer, you will be OK. Make sure that your virus definition file is dated 11/24/01. I virus is using your address book to forward itself to everyone in your book. It also looks like to me that it maybe using your history file to forward itself to other websites. I think that it maybe using the cookies information. Any mail-return notices can return the virus back to you. You will be safe if you have email protection running. Make sure the your Norton Anti-Virus program has email protection running and you will be safe. Yes, I would email everyone in your address book to tell me that you had the virus. You can copy my email "Virus information Update" if you want and send it to everyone in your address book. It sounds like several members of the Chevelle list were sent the virus. All the infected email that I received had attachments with the file extentsion ".scr"   Never open any attachments with this extension. When you click on these files it looks like nothing happens, but the virus scripts starts running. If you need any more information or help, please email me again.
Keith Cooper