If it's a real SS, I'd just leave the badging alone or remove them
altogether.  You'd probably have to hack up a set of SS396 badges for the
grille, fender, etc which would distract from the looks.  Then trying to put
"427" in there somewhere would only make it worse than none at all, IMHO.
Can't even imagine what you'd do with the interior emblems.

The 70 SS-only badges were for the 396 (aka 402) while the SS454 got the
numbers included.  I don't know how the 69 and 70 SS portions compare, but
maybe just the SS on the fenders in the stock location if new holes didn't
negate the possibility of returning to the SS396 badges.  At my web site
(see signature) in the picture gallery
(http://www.dalesplace.com/htm/gallery/gallery.htm) and the 1969 link,
there's a very pretty blue 69 coupe with no badging at all, grille or
fenders, and it still looks pretty good.  How about just a big SS license
plate on the front, or better yet, a Team Chevelle plate? :*)

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com