Ken,

As Bill Vander Werf noted in an email I got with this one, OPG now has "383"
badges in their catalog and notes there are three different styles.  The
last one I have from them is 2000 so I'm not aware of the new ones.  To
answer your specific question, I'd go with whatever style they have designed
for 64-67 Chevelles; be it the 283/327 flag type (appropriate since it's a
small block) or just the numbers themselves.  Guess I'll have to order a new
OPG catalog and get caught up :)

Not to begin a diatribe, but as for the rest, maybe I've been misunderstood,
maybe not but it's where I disagree with many.  I see absolutely nothing
wrong with SS hood, moulding trim, suspension upgrades, even 396 or 427
Turbo Jet flags if it has a big block.  It's the *SS* and *Super Sport*
badging that I find objectionable.  It projects Super Sport to everyone who
sees it when, in fact, it is not; identically equipped or no.  And, as you
said, having to say it's not a Super Sport every time someone asks would
seem to be a PITA as well as a bit embarrassing - at least to me.  Why some
people get downright pi$$ed when you ask or point out their car is not a SS
is beyond me.  Wonder why that is?

I also have a 67 Elky that, like many 66/67 Elky owners, I'll probably use
the SS hood of my coupe and maybe even an extra set of rocker panel trim I
have.  Like many, I like the SS "scoops" and the look of the lower trim as
opposed to the Malibu flat hood and style trim.  I've always built my cars
to suit my taste and that usually means "customizing" them to some extent
and I enjoy the heck out of 'em!

If anyone has a scan of the 383 emblems, I'd be interested in seeing what
they look like.  Appreciate it.

Dale McIntosh
ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
67 SS/67 Elky