Kelly,
How right you are about being in the right place at the right time. I looked
all over N. California before finding my first Elky ( non SS )about two miles
from my home.
Then, after I've pored about $1500.00 into it, I spot my current SS Elky for
sale, 3 miles away. Not that I was really looking, but the ad caught my eye.
"'69 SS El Camino $5K obo. I had to look. And then after 4 days no one had
bought it. I couldn't believe it. It was not long after 9/11 though. So I got
it for $4.4K. Yee ha.
I was then able to sell my non SS the 2nd day the ad was out, for only a
couple of hundred less than I had into it.
Someone will have to give me web site tips for posting pictures when the
paint's done in the next couple weeks.
BTW I did fly to Plano Texas (Dallas Airport) to purchase my Vette last year.
Horrible traffic trying to leave town.

David

In a message dated 01/04/2002 4:46:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,