-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jim R Hunter
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 8:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Opinions on Ausley's bumpers

After calling the "usual" catalog vendors over the weekend that we
usually do parts business with (Year One, OPG, The Paddock and NPD), I
found that only Year One will attend Carlisle and they will only be
taking orders there (not bringing any parts whatsoever).

I called Ausley's today (who we've never dealt with, but whom we've seen
at Carlisles the past few years we've come). know come to Carlisle).  The
guy on the phone told me that they will indeed be at Carlisle this year
and that their bumper prices are now $209 (pretty much matching the
catalog prices of the other vendors we usually deal with).  He said that
they'll bring 5 of each year's bumpers by default and that they will
bring extras labelled by customer name if requested at least 2 weeks
before the show.

So, anyone out there have any positive or negative stories to tell about
Ausley's bumpers?   I'm really hoping that they would bring one and let
me examine it before they run my credit card (as I'd really like to look
at the quality of any bumper before I commit to buying it), but maybe
they won't do that.

Also, anyone have a phone number for the Bumper Boyz, as I'd like to talk
to them before Carlisle, too.  Since we've never done business with them
*and* we've heard some negative things about them, I'm a bit wary to do
business with them (and there's no way I'm giving up my current bumper as
a core!), but I figure I shoudl at least try to get as much info on every
vendor that I can, since this is a piece fo the car that is going to be
very visible!

As always, thank for any opinions in advance,

        Jim -69-SS396- H.

By the way, has anyone measured the thickness of an original NOS bumper
against the ones of Ausley (or anyone else such as the Bumper Boyz, for
that matter?