Opening bleeder screws will empty the MC.  But you will still have some
spillage.

You "MUST" bench bleed the new MC.   There should be a kit and paperwork
on this with the new MC.  Because chevelle MC mounts at an angle, you
cannot bleed all of the air out once its installed.   If the new MC
doesn't have the kit,   your parts store will.  Cost me about $3.00 at
Pep Boys for the kit
rick