Hello

   When painting a 1964 Malibu SS, using the Factory Code Number 916, Daytona
Blue Metallic, does anyone have any suggestions as to specifics as to keep as
close to original as possible?  Such as clear coats, types of paint. Just
wondering because you can paint with Imron, Enamel, Clear Coats and various
types of paint. I want to get a paint job that is as close to original as I
can.
    Also interested in undercarriage of car. Was the undercarriage of the car
painted and if so, was it a flat black, gloss black, or what? Would it be
better to paint it with a gloss black and then spay and undercoating for rust
prevention in Illinois?
    I got a long way to go before I get to paint, but just doing my research
now, so looking for advice.

Thomas W. Rogers