Build sheets were the paperwork used by the line workers to ensure the
correct parts were installed on the car as it was assembled.  These were
usually stuffed (1) behind or under the rear seat, (2) in door panels, (3)
under/in the front seats...generally wherever the last assembly point
decided they wanted to put them.  Had they known how important they would
become 30 years later I'm sure they would have been framed and included with
the paperwork given to the new owner.  Kind of like window stickers and
POPs.  Who would have thought of preserving those for 30 years?  Not many
folks.

A crate engine is simply a new engine purchased from GM, FoMoCo or MoPar as
it arrives from the factory or assembly point in a crate.  Unfortunately
like so many other terms, it's been diluted and morphed into any engine that
arrives crated or on a pallet.  Summit has "crate" engines, Edelbrock has
"crate" engines, Merlin has "crate" engines.  Like "Muscle Car" and "SS",
everybody jumps on a popular bandwagon.  When was the last time you Xeroxed
some paper copies on a Canon, Minolta or Kodak photocopier machine?

Dale