also, i have more questions - whats a short block, and whats a long block.  i know what is a big and small block, but whats a short block?  thanks
                                                                                Chad
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Ignorant older guy

>To all and any, I see a lot of postings referring to a 'crate motor' and
>'build sheets', would someone define these terms and how do you go about
>acquiring a build sheet?

A crate motor example is here....

A build sheet is a piece of paper that tells every option and code the car was built with (the line assembly people use them to determine what goes in the car). Tells the color, engine, tranny and all the options. A very sought after document usually found in the headliner, under the seat(s), etc. A car that has one will sell for more than one without. Sometimes there can be several copies of the document found in the same car.

Kelly & Jana Hanna
www.hannawoodworks.com