Many shows I've been to draw the line at 30%-35% restoration effort.  Items
such as new paint, new interior panels, detailed under the hood, etc.  Most
will accept normal maintenance items such as belts, hoses, clamps, tires,
etc BUT will award more points (in Original class) for GM marked hose and
tower style clamps than one with hoses/belts marked Gates or Dayco and
modern worm-gear clamps.  It would depend on the show's host.

Dale