Wayne:  I may have spoken to you also.  There were 3 or four guys around at the time.
I don't want to sound critical and maybe I'm just too sentimental but it hurt me to
see the condition of that car and to know that's how he keeps it.  The Z-16 is the
Icon of the Chevelle Universe.   I hope the next people that get his cars know what
they've got and preserve them for the future.  I would hate to see these rot away or
go to the crusher due to neglect over the years.  We're not talking production here
where thousands exist, 200 or 201 only!!  I don't know how many documented still
exist.  I've heard 57 and 130 something.  I had an L-79 in 65 and saw a Z-16 back then
at Aquasco Dragaway in southern MD.  I was in awe as a 17 yr old and even more so
today.  I've seen a few more since and still Love looking at them.  I guess that's
what makes me the Chevelle person that I am.  I'm on my 4th 65.  I show it, race it,
drive it, enjoy it and Love IT!  After family, religion, and all t!
he other responsibilities of life are taken care of, my Chevelle is ME.  I'm 54 and
will now probably never own a Z-16, but I can still dream the dream!!

PHIL G.  65 SS
MCC #36   ACES #555   TC #1766