From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] 65 Z-16 Conv.

> Wayne:  I may have spoken to you also.  There were 3 or four guys around
at the time.  I don't want to sound critical and maybe I'm just too
sentimental but it hurt me to see the condition of that car and to know
that's how he keeps it.  The Z-16 is the Icon of the Chevelle Universe.   I
hope the next people that get his cars know what they've got and preserve
them for the future.  I would hate to see these rot away or go to the
crusher due to neglect over the years.  We're not talking production here
where thousands exist, 200 or 201 only!!  I don't know how many documented
still exist.  I've heard 57 and 130 something.  I had an L-79 in 65 and saw
a Z-16 back then at Aquasco Dragaway in southern MD.  I was in awe as a 17
yr old and even more so today.  I've seen a few more since and still Love
looking at them.  I guess that's what makes me the Chevelle person that I
am.  I'm on my 4th 65.  I show it, race it, drive it, enjoy it and Love IT!
After family, religion, and all t!
> he other responsibilities of life are taken care of, my Chevelle is ME.
I'm 54 and will now probably never own a Z-16, but I can still dream the
dream!!

> PHIL G.  65 SS
> MCC #36   ACES #555   TC #1766
>

> In a message dated Mon, 29 Jul 2002 7:23:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > Phil.  I also spoke to him at length. He has THREE Z-16 not two. and
drives
> > them taking turns as daily drivers, Store/work/shoping/ mall ect.
> > Flashy/65 came down with him .and told me he has had them for yeras and
he
> > just  wants to have Fun with Them.
> > not speen his life washing,waxing,polishing and building a bubble aroud
them
> > !

there