Date: Saturday, November 02, 2002 12:05:17 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Console Assembly Question

Thanks to everyone for sending me the information on the correct shifter
hump for 68-72's with a console. The hump welded in nicely. I'm going to
use straight silicone around the seam to water proof it.
My question today lies with trimming the carpet. Should I trim the carpet
so that it does not touch the rubber boot and retaining ring, or should the
carpet be tucked or sandwiched into the assembly to hold it in place. I am
worried that the carpet might "wick" in moisture during wet weather driving
if-God forbid- I get stuck out in a rain storm.
My car is a 70SS and I am proud to admit that it is an LS5 car (now more
rare than LS6 cars -so it seams)
Thanks,
Steve