Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Electrical problem...

Larry,
         Just my opinion, but:

1. It has a malfunction that is going to be tough to troubleshoot.

2. It's a mess and looks like spaghetti under the dash.

3. The wiring sounds like the original which had barely adequate insulation on the wiring for then and is way behind the quality available today. If you want to add accessories and higher amperage alternator that just ads to the wiring not being up to the job.

I say 3 strikes and it's out! Time to re-wire the wagon before it goes up in flames. If you aren't much into electrical there are some "plug and play" wiring harnesses probably available for your car from major vendors. The problem is they aren't cheap( in MY opinion).

If you can handle some electrical work yourself there are some lesser known companies making generic wiring harnesses that are still color coded and each wire is labeled. And have every option you can think of available for them such as circuits for power seats, power windows etc.

Do your home work and decide what's best for you and your budget. Just my 2 cents.

                                                                                                      Steve