Let me rant on here for a moment about Pros installing windshields.  My 69 that I have been trying to get done, I bought the windshield last year and just got around to having it put in in the end of September of this year.  I had a guy come out from a local Safelite place come out and install it while I was at work, mistake number one.  i came home and the job the guy did was so effing horrible, I could have done it better myself.  There were globs of urethane ALL OVER the place.  When I say this, I mean it was stickin gan inch or better in some places past the trim, especially in the lower right corner.  UNACCEPTABLE.  My dad went down to the shop and told the manager that they were going to take it out and do it again the right way.  I had to take a day off work and take the car down there.  When i dropped it off, the manage! r saw it and was basically saying I can't believe this mess.  He said I would have to leave it there for the day and come get it in the afternoon.  Fine, so I backed it off the trailer, went home and drove up to Trenton to get the historic tags for it.  while in Motor Vehicle getting my tags, the guy calls me and tells me they broke the windshield taking it out.  I was like well guess what, I'm not paying for a new one b/c you broke it taking it out.
Their policy was that they are not responsible if the glass breaks and THEY DID NOT SUPPLY it.  Well I feel a little differently here.  The glass would not have to be removed if the employee did not make a mess installing it right???  So how is this my fault or the glasses fault for that matter?  Had it been done correctly the first time, this would not have happened.  I mean seriously, they are supposed to be professionals and I know for a fact I can take out a windshield and not break it, I've done it.  So the next day I said screw it and since I know someone that works for Pilkington Glass, I called him up the next day and had a new windshield that afternoon.  After being given the run-around by the local and regional managers of Safelite, a call was made to the corporate headquarters out in Ohio.  Long story short, I got my money back for the windshield and the $63.60 it cost to install it.
Moral of the story, (I feel like Aesop here, lol) if you have someone else install it, stay with the car so you can see that it gets done right.
It seems everytime I need to depend on someone else to do something, it turns into a nightmare.  When I start on my 69 Charger, I'm doing it all, no one else is touching it, lol.  OK rant over.

Tom