Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 10:38 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Front Windshield 67 Chevelle

I bought the same tool from my local auto paint supply store. Broke my windshield getting it out....but it was my first time. Didn't do anything drastic ...it just cracked ....and once it did ...it was all over. It spread quickly at the slightest movement..in many directions.

At least you can still get new ones ..for my '69 I have seen them for $99. I might pay a pro to put it in though.

                                                                                      Steve
I used to own a wrecking yard and sold many windshields. I have a tool that is made for this. It has a handle that you hold with one hand and it has a cutting blade on the end. The blade is at a 90 degrees to the handle. Down close to the blade, a cable is attached with a handle on the cable. This is used to pull the blade through the seal and with a little practice you can cut a windshield out in just a few minutes. I hope this explanation is good enough to understand. If someone wants to see the tool, I can send them a pic of it. Or if you are interested, I can try to find out who sells them. If I remember correctly, I bought it off of a snap-on truck.