no,do i just attach a wire to the case to bare metal?

thanks
jason
On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 09:22 PM, Dave Benjamin wrote:

If it is sparking when you touch the case to ground, do you have a ground
hooked up to it.

Dave
Ingersoll,Ontario
My web site: http://members.tripod.com/benj30/
----- Original Message -----
From: "jason pollock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 10:43 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] installing 66 radio

i am in the process of installing an original am radio in my 66 el
camino.after connecting the hot wire and changing the bulb the unit
shows no sign of life,except  when the case touches metal it sparks.i
know only enough about electrical to be dangrous.can anyone point me in
the right direction as to how to check the radio and hook it up
correctly or tell me which manual /book/website i can find the relevant
info
thanks in advance

jason pollock