Herb, did you build up the trans or did you put it in stock? If you did build it up, what did you do to it? Did you do anything to the converter, does it lock up? Everything that I have been seeing here and other places is that people were having problems with snapping the input shafts to the trans. Also without a computer in my '70 will it work properly. I know that I'm asking a lot of questions, just trying to get as much info as possible before I actually tear it down and I would be able to drive it until I finish the work. :(
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Gearvenders under/over verses 700R4

Hey John,

I swapped a 700R4 into my 76 Vette about 6 or 7 years ago and I think it was one of the best changes I made to that car - to this day that trans works like a charm and with 3.70 rear gears I get 21 mpg on the highway.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if your car has a short wheelbase (like a Vette) the Gearvenders adds length to the trans, and from the pictures I've seen, the extra length looks like quite a bit.

cYa-

Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino
ACES 3509, MCC 528