Clint.I'm with you. It's time for GM to get off the pot. I ordered a new Impala SS in 96, then a Dale Earnhardt series 50th Anniv. NASCAR 1998 Monte Carlo Z34 CMI and my biggest headaches were with the Dealerships and their BS. I called Gm 800 # and all I ever got from them was a confirmation # and the run around. When I asked what about getting the Dealer to honor the warranty they would tell me go to another Dealership. Find and dandy, but they use computers and talk to one another and you get the run around again or the Dealer says take it back to the orig. Dealer or where you bought the car. One reason I buy a new car is for warranty and assurances, Bull, that just doesn't wash any more. Sorry about my soap box fellas. Smitty
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Non Chevelle (Hemi)

Man, even I, a die-hard GM fan, am compelled to consider a Dodge truck.  They outperform the GM trucks with price, performance, a far better warranty, and possibly even quality.  I've had very few problems with my GM trucks (89, 94, 97, 2000), but I'm still considering a Dodge.

WAKE UP GM!

Clint Hooper wrote:

 Well,I guess you need to get out more often,Mikey.<g> Dodge dealers are taking deliveries of 1/2 ton Hemi trucks,as I'm typing this. My local dealer had twelve of them in stock,yesterday. As for the price,I've got a order form filled out on my desk for a 1/2 ton four door Dodge with Hemi engine,Lone Star package with polished 20" wheels,top of the line Infinity sound system,etc,definitely no stripper. Price will be $24,700. I've always been a GM man but they do not currently build a true four door 1/2 ton truck with full 6' bed. Neither does Ford. On top of that,both GM and Ford are priced substantially higher.Clint Hooper
LT5 Registry Director
Wichita Falls,Tx
(940) 855-6636
'91 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody