-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dave Corgill
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 12:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] Non Chevelle (Hemi)

At 11:11 AM 01/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The answer to many of the questions is Ignacio Lopez. He changed the way
>GM sources components in that they are now, and have been since his time,
>utterly "price" focused. The only thing they listen to is price, according
>to the sales reps who call on them.
>
>Eman

You nailed it. I own a machine shop & others that I know say GM demands a
4% cost decrease every year. Kind of hard for shops to do with material,
electric,
taxes, ins, & tools going up more than that. They tell me if they don't
they send
the work overseas....