Also, you can't compare the market of old corvettes to old chevelles. Corvette owners are all into matching numbers and the market reflects it. If you take a 1957 Corvette with matching numbers, re: 283 and 4 speed, it is worth $50,000. If you remove the 283 and put in a 396 you just cut the value of the car in half. Go figure.

McDee

 jason pollock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

IMHO build it the way you want it. Don't worry what anybody else
thinks.Just don't misrepresent the car when it's time to sell.

jason pollock

> What is the consensus of the Chevelle community when it comes to
> clones? I
> have a 66 Malibu that will have an SS hood and the SS paint scheme in
> the
> rear. I will leave Malibu on the sides and not sure what I will put in
> front of the blacked out grill. It will have a fuel injected 327 so I
> will
> use the 327 flags on the front fenders.
> In your opinion is this considered bad taste? Of course you can do
> anything
> you want to your car, but the Corvette community seems to shake their
> head
> at anything but factory looks. (You wouldn't put a Z06 emblem on a '63
> if it
> really wasn't) Just don't want to be an 'outcast' !!!
! >