In a message dated 2/26/2003 5:43:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

On the subjec of matching numbers. My 70 SS block, heads, intake, AC pump,
starter trans, rear end, all seem to be dead on matches for the build date.
For example, the heads were cast in May, the block June 18, and so on, and
the car was built September 1 in Oshua, Ontario. The build data supplied to
me by GM Oshua ties out as well. BUT, there is another number on the pad at
the front of the passenger side of the block next to the T0618CTX number but
THAT number does not correspond to the VIN (it is 10A750779). I never gave
it a thought until last night when I was reading through some stuff I found
on the internet that said that number should be the VIN. On my block, it
can't be the VIN because it has the letter A in it. Does anyone know what
gives with this stuff????

Craig E.

The VIN is not on the engine.  The VIN doesn't tell what motor came in the car unless it is a 72 model.  T0618CTX is as follows:  T=Tonowanda 0618=June 18 of the model year, CTX=engine suffix which is a 396/350 with a 4 speed.

Tom