Title: Ignition switch removal
How does one remove an ignition switch (key) from a ‘64 dash?

Chilton book states: put switch into ACC position, insert wire into small hole in face of lock, push on said wire to depress plunger, and continue turning key until the cylinder can be removed.  Then off comes the bezel nut and out comes the switch.

I have two small holes in the face of my ignition switch, have depressed the plunger and can only turn the switch a few millimeters past the ACC position.

Any tricks from the pros?

I could always do the “Gone in  60 seconds” method of screw-in/slide hammer it out method, but I was hoping to retain the original key switch.

Thanks,
Kurt
‘64 convert. in resto