>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:01:27 EDT
>Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] harmonic balancer
>
>But that's where my problem lies. Once I start to turn the remover clockwise
>the harmonic balancer it self is still moving in a clockwise direction. So it
>seems as though I'm not actually tightening remover to pull the balancer off.

Something doesn't sound right.  The removal tool I've always used features
a large threaded rod and a plate.  The plate is bolted to the balancer and
the only thing that gets turned is the threaded rod.  The plate is drilled
and tapped in the center so as the rod is turned the plate is forced to
climb the threads and since it's bolted to the balancer the balancer comes
off...

Is this the kind of tool you have or are you using something different?

Brad