I'm using the exact same tool, Brad. Its just that the balancer isn't stationary. Its keep turning as it would if the engine was started (just it turns along with the threaded rod and plate on the remover). I'm going to try to jam something between the balancer and the engine front maybe, but it seems to be in a bad position for that. Someone also told me to jam the flywheel in the back of the engine or drop the starter to get to the flywheel and that that would solve the turning crank problem. Seems like I'm doing too much.
      Thanx for help,
          Charles

C. Campbell - Detroit, MI.
'70 Chevelle Malibu 4 dr., 307, original
Detroit Chevelle Club (trying to get it started!)
email --> [EMAIL PROTECTED]