> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] RE: 1969 el camino pictures
>
> I'll fight it if I can get a lawyer to take the case on a contingency
basis
> (no fee unless damages are collected). Small claims court is not
enough
> money, and a lawyer for a real court case could cost more than any
damages
> that might ever be actually collected, which would just
> result in more time and money out the window.

What you need to do is find a young lawyer who just passed the Bar exam.
They are hungry for cases (and future referrals) and are more willing to
take cases that might only net then a few thousand dollars like yours.
Typical deals are 25%-33% of a settlement pre-trial, and 40%-50% once a
trial has started, all after taking out expenses.  I had a small deal
once with a deal similar to the above terms, and the lawyer was young.
He gave me very close to my 30% even after expenses.  He could have
taken far more, but since the settlement was only a few thousand dollars
he ate much of the costs in his fee to make me happy.

The way I found this guy was to talk to the lawyer I wanted.  He did not
want the case, but knew of this guy who might.  Try the same thing, or
maybe there is a local legal school or Bar exam school that might have
listings of new lawyers ready for a slam dunk case.

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes