I'm taking pictures of everything as I go with the digital camera.  I can
send pictures if anyone wants to see what I am trying to explain.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Stephen Lentz
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 3:01 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] rear end problem preload.

I've been thinking too.  The rear never leaked before that I can remember.
Now all of a sudden it has just purged all over my garage floor?  I think
that the bearings may be failing at the pinion allowing it to wobble while
driving.  This movement would definitely egg-shape the seal and cause the
groove around the inner diameter of the rear side of the yoke.  If I just
replace the seal, it might only last one or two short trips before failing
also.  Then I'm back to square 1.  I don't think that the bearing exchange
is a novice operation, is it?
Steve