T is for Tonawanda engine assembly plant and the 400 should be 4 digits for month/day. If your's says T400EU (no spacing), I'd be suspicious of a restamp - it's incorrect AFAIK. EU is for a 396/350 and TH400; the engine suffix code also deals with the trans type for that engine. Example, EL is for a 396/350 w/PG and EF is a 396/350 w/manual trans in 1968.

Careful here with blanket statements. 13837 or 13867 denotes a true SS. I've seen sport coupe cars with station wagon trim tags and VINs being passed off as real SS models since most people only look at the first three digits. In 1968 (and other year wagons), the Concours wagons also used 138 series codes with 25 and 45 being the last two digits.

Dale McIntosh

Dale, I figured that I'd get your comments eventually. I'll look at the motor again & check out the 400 number. There is spacing between the T and the 400. I know that it's the original motor & trans, and it's a 13837 VIN & trim plate #. I'm going to have to break into the door where I have the car 'cause I locked the keys in the garage last night, then I'll get the other #s.
BL