That totally makes sense. When I removed the rear window, it had two small rubber blocks on the bottom edge. I will probably have an auto glass installer handle that to make sure it is done correctly.

Thanks to all for your comments. Everything went smoothly last night. All the body mount bolts came out without trouble except for one, which they torched off. The body is off to the chemical dipper today and will stay in the acid tank for 3 or 4 weeks. I didn't realize it would be that long, but it should come out nice and clean. He probably will beat me on the paint work before I get the chassis done unless I get cranking on it. Now begins the fun part!

One interesting thing that happened while I was there, the owner of the shop got a call from the editor of Super Chevy magazine. Terry something or other. They want him to do a project for them. Sounded like an early sixties Plymouth or something. When he got off the phone, he said that he has done work for the magazine in the past and has made a lot of connections with parts suppliers through them. He offered to pass along to me all the discounts he gets without marking anything up for all the stuff I'm going to need. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

-Matt